How to Apply
Al-Amal School is a full-time school that offers classes from Preschool (3 years old) all the way to 12th grade:
- 2-Day Preschool: Tuesdays and Thursdays. Must be 3 years of age by September 15th to be eligible
- 3-Day Preschool: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Must be 4 years of age by September 15th to be eligible.
- 5-Day Preschool: Monday to Friday. Must be 4 years of age by September 15th to be eligible.
- Kindergarten: Must be 5 years to enter by September 15th to be eligible.
- 11th and 12th Grades – PSEO or Post Secondary Enrollment Option: Students take the high school level classes at college or university.
* The school may admit students in special cases if their birth-dates fall between September 16th and December 31st.
Please carefully review the following steps for the admission process:
Step One: Apply Online
We are excited you are interested in applying to Al-Amal School! Al-Amal School utilizes an online application through Renweb and can be accessed by clicking on the LINK. You will need to create a new account, verify your email, then Log In with your new username and password! A Non-Refundable admission fee will be assessed in the amount of $125/per applicant PreK- 5thgrade, $275/per applicant 6th – 8th grade and $500/per applicant 9th– 12th grade.
Step Two: Submit Required Documents
In addition to submitting the online application and admission fee, all applicants are required to submit the following applicable documents to advance their admission process*. Once submitted, you will be contacted for testing.
- Preschool: Birth certificate, Current immunizations, and Healthcare Summary Form. (This document is filled out by a physician. Please allow plenty of time for this form to be completed.)
- Kindergarten: Birth certificate and current immunizations.
- First Grade - 10th Grade: Birth certificate, Current immunizations, and Letter of Recommendation on Character from Administration, Counselor or Teacher.
*Required documents MUST be uploaded and also submitted to Leila @ (763) 571-1925 .
Step Three: Entrance Exam (Grade Specific Guidelines)
*NOTE: All exams must be scheduled for April 14th or April 21st
All students are required to complete an entrance exam upon completion of the online application and document submissions. Al-Amal School will process the application materials and parents will be notified of the entrance exam date and time. If the applicant does not pass the admission test, you will be notified and will not proceed to the next step. Al-Amal will request the following material upon completion of the entrance exam a current school report card/transcripts, most recent NWEA, MCA, and/or IOWA Basic records from the previous year or any out of state standardized testing report, behavioral report and any health reports.
Different grades have specific entrance exam guidelines; see below for details. Click HERE for admission testing standards.
Preschoolers go through separate examination processed by the administration. Preschoolers will be evaluated on their cognitive ability to interact and accept instruction. All prospective preschoolers must be potty trained.
Al-Amal School will administer its own test and it is based on Minnesota standards. The students are expected to be at or above the Minnesota standards level.
Grades 1 - 12
The NWEA test will be given to all NEW admitting students KG – 8 th grade in Math and Reading regardless of if they have taken a test in their previous school. Achieving 50th percentile in NWEA represents student is at national level for that grade.
If the applicant does not pass the admission test, you will be notified and will not proceed to the next
step. Retesting is NOT allowed. Al-Amal School will consider a student’s Spring NWEA test scores that
are at the grade level standard or above. This means the Spring NWEA must be above 70th percentile on all tests to be considered.
Al-Amal School will request the following records after the applicant has passed the admission test:
- Current school report card/transcripts that shows year to date classes and GPA.
- Most recent NWEA, MCA, and/or IOWA Basic records from the previous year or any out of state standardized testing report.
- Behavioral report and any health reports.
Step 4: Interview
All new applicants and parents go through the interview process with the Al-Amal School Principal as a final step. The Admission Office will schedule the interview process.
Step 5: Acceptance and approval
After passing the new admission requirements, the Admission Office will notify you through email or phone. Information will include the deadline for parents to pay the advanced deposit in order for the school to hold the seat for the applicant.
Step 6: enrollment and admittance
Parents must pay a $500 Non-refundable Advance Deposit to confirm and hold a seat in class for the applicant. Seats are first come first serve, so paying the non-refundable advance deposit as soon as the student has been accepted is encouraged. Being accepted to Al-Amal School does not guarantee a seat for the student. Paying the Non-refundable Advance Deposit is what locks in a seat for your child.