About Al-Amal School
Al-Amal School is an AdvancED (NCA) accredited private Islamic school from preschool (3-year-old) through 12th grade located in the suburbs of Fridley, Minnesota (Twin Cities area). The school is established for the sake of Allah (SWT), and it believes that our
children are the future of Muslim communities. We strive to prepare our students to succeed in a changing and diverse world by providing them with a safe and healthy environment, dedicated to high academics, and values anchored in Islamic teachings of Qur’an and Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (SAW).
Al-Amal School was established in 1994 in a home by group of four parents and one community member who wanted an alternative to public schools for their children. In 1995, the school moved to the Islamic Center of Minnesota in Fridley. By 2006, the school out grew its capacity. In 2007, the school expanded the facility and built an adjacent building for the middle and high school classes. The current enrollment is about 400 students.
Al-Amal School is a full-time school established for the sake of Allah (SWT) to help families by providing an Islamic education environment. This educational choice strives to provide the highest academic standards in all subjects with specific focus on the Qur’an and the Sunnah of the Prophet Mohammed (SAW). Al-Amal School’s mission is to provide a generation of Muslims who
- Have a solid understanding of Tawheed (Oneness of the Creator).
- Have a strong Islamic moral character.
- Have leadership skills sustained by Taqwa (piety).
- Have a strong sense of responsibility and realization that Islam is the only solution.
- Approach community and global issues with an Islamic frame of mind.
- An academically equipped to succeed and excel in an increasingly competitive and challenging word.
School Education Offer
Al-Amal School provides full academic curriculum that is comparable to but in most cases exceeding any child would receive in the public schools in Minnesota. In addition, the school provides an Islamic education environment for both students and staff. The school further differentiates by offering Arabic Literature, Islamic Studies, and Quran Memorization courses. The school also provides afterschool sports activities like Soccer, Martial Arts, Girl Scout, Basketball, and robotics.
Al-Amal School is a full-time school caters to preschool (3 years old) to 12th grade students:
- 2-Day Preschool: Tuesday and Thursday. Must be 3 years of age by September 15th
to be eligible.
- 3-Day Preschool: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Must be 4 years of age by September 15th to be eligible.
- 5-Day Preschool: Monday to Friday. Must be 4 years of age by September 15th to
- Kindergarten to 10th grade: Must be 5 years to enter kindergarten by September 15th to be eligible.
- 11th and 12th Grades – PSEO or Post Secondary Enrollment Act: Students take the high school level classes at college or university.
- * The school may admit students in special cases if the birthdates fall within September 16th to December 31st.
Monday to Friday - 8:00 am to 3:15 pm
Special Need and ESL
Al-Amal School does not offer ESL classes. As a competitive private school, the school resources are limited and it may not be able to address and provide equitable service for any special need students.
Boys KG – 5th: Navy blue pants (no jeans or patch pockets) with white or light blue shirt (polo jersey) with collar or turtleneck. Navy blue sweater if needed.
Boys 6th to 12th: Khaki pants with navy blue shirt (polo jersey) with collar or turtle neck. Navy blue sweater if needed.
Girls KG – 5th: Navy blue v-neck pleated jumper with white or light blue shirt with collar or turtleneck shirt. Navy blue or black leggings (no tights). Navy blue sweater if needed. White or navy blue plain hijab is optional but required for prayer.
Girls 6th – 12th: Navy blue closed jilbab (button down) long sleeve covers to wrist with white or navy blue plain hijab.
Al-Amal School does not have school transportation. If you reside within Independent School District #14 (Fridley area), you can arrange for free bus through the district. Private limited bus service is available from Minneapolis, but parents have to arrange those directly. Please inquire at the School Office for details.
The State provides transportation allowance for children travelling to school from outside
the district based on distance. Please also get those details from the school office.
Al-Amal School is a private school and it does not receive tuition benefits from the State similar to any pubic or charter schools. The tuition revenues help to operates the school and pay salaries for the staff and teachers. Al-Amal School tuition rates are among the most competitive rates offered for any private school in Twin Cities. Please refer to tuition Rates and Schedule
for this year’s tuition rates.
Student success in the school is directly correlated with parents’ involvement at home to help in child(ren) education. Al-Amal School expects parents to be involved and connected with the school to support the progress of their children.