2016 -2017 New Admission Process
Please carefully review the following steps for the admission process:
1. Apply On-line Al-Amal School utilizes an online application for new admissions or enrollments. It’s a secure website through RenWeb at this link (https://al-mn.client.renweb.com/oa/?memberid=1883). As a first step, you will Log In using your username and password. The website will then guide you to complete the entire application for each child. If you are enrolling a sibling of an existing Al-Amal student, please log in with the same account and click the Admission tab. The new student admission fee is $125/per applicant PreK – 5th grade, $275/per applicant 6th - 8th grade and $500/per applicant 9th – 12th grade. It’s non-refundable and must be submitted at the time of completing the online application before the school can initiate the next enrollment steps. Please do not hesitate to contact the school’s admission office directly at 763-231-9701 if you need assistance.
2. Submit Required Documents In addition to submitting the on-line application and fee, the applicants are required to submit the following applicable documents to advance in the admission process. Once submitted, you will be contacted for testing.
- Preschool: Birth certificate, Current immunizations and Healthcare Summary Form This document is filled out by a physician. Please allow plenty of time for this form to be completed.
- Kindergarten–10th Grade: Birth certificate, Current immunizations and Letter of Recommendation on Character from Administration, Counselor or Teacher.
3. Take Admission Exams K-12th grade, are required to take an entrance exam. All required documents must be submitted before the admission test will be scheduled. You will be notified by a phone call or email to set up a date for testing after you’ve submitted your required documents.
- Preschoolers go through a separate evaluation process by the Administration. Preschool children should have cognitive ability to interact and accept instructions, must be 3 years old to start school, and must be potty trained.
- Kindergarten students will take a one-on-one exam in Language Arts (English) and Math.
- First and Second Grade will take a hardcopy exam in Language Arts (English) and Math.
- Third -Tenth Grade will use the NWEA testing from 2015/2016 school year.
If the applicant does not pass the admission test, you will be notified and will not proceed to the next step. Retesting is not allowed. Al-Amal School will consider a student’s Spring NWEA test score that are at the grade level standard or above. This means the Spring NWEA must be above 70% on all tests to be considered.
Al-Amal School will request the following records after applicant has passed the admission test:
- Current school report card/transcripts that shows year to date classes and GPA.
- Most recent NWEA, MCA, and/or IOWA Basic records from the previous year or any out of state standardized testing report.
- Behavioral report and any health reports.
- Al-Amal School holds the right to directly receive
- Transcripts and behavioral reports from the transferring school.
4. Interview with Administration All new applicants and parents go through the interview process with the school Principal as a final step. The Admission Office will schedule the interview process.
5. Acceptance and Approval After passing the new admission requirements, the Admission Office will notify you through email or phone. Information will include the deadline for parents to pay the advanced deposit in order for the school to hold the seat for the applicant.
6. Enrollment and Admittance Parents must pay a $500 Non-refundable Advance Deposit to confirm and hold a seat in class for the applicant. Seats are first come first serve, so paying the non-refundable advance deposit as soon as the student has been accepted is encouraged. Being accepted to Al-Amal School does not guarantee a seat for the student. Paying the Non-refundable Advance Deposit is what locks in a seat for your child.
7. Tuition Rates and Schedule Click on the following LINK to view the tuition rates and schedule for 2016-2017.
8. Tuition Aid Al-Amal School offers limited Tuition Aid to a few qualifying families based on various factors such as family income, academic performance, and good behavior in his/her previous school. Parents interested in Tuition Aid have to apply through the same TADS website. Your new admission application is considered incomplete unless all required information is submitted. Please note, completing the TADS application, or meeting the qualification, does not guarantee that you will receive the Tuition Aid automatically. Once your child is accepted, you will receive a code allowing you to apply for Tuition Aid.
Any Admissions questions can be directed to the admission office at 763-231-9701. Insha’Allah, we look forward to assisting you in this process.