New Admission Process
Welcome to Al-Amal School! We are pleased that you are interested in joining Al-Amal School for the 2013/2014 School Year. Al Amal School has now initiated the new admissions (or enrollment) and we encourage you to complete the online application and advance to the next steps. We look forward to assist you throughout the admission process.
Please review carefully the following steps for the new admission process:
- New Admission Application: Al-Amal School utilizes online application for new admissions or enrollments. It’s a secure website through TADS at http://mytads.com/a/alamal. As a first step, this link will connect you directly with TADS and will ask you to set up a family ID and account. The website will then guide you to complete the entire application. If you are enrolling a sibling of the existing Al Amal students, please log in with the same ID and click the Admission module. Please do not hesitate to contact the school’s admission office directly at 763-231-9701 if you need any assistance.
- New Admission Fee: The new student admission fee is $50/applicant. It’s non-refundable and must be submitted at the time of completing the online new admission application before the school can initiate the next enrollment steps.
- Tuition Rates and Schedule: Al-Amal School Board and Administration are finalizing the Tuition Rates and Schedule for the next school year, but you can review the previous year’s schedule located on Al Amal website at www.al-amal.org and click on Admissions.
- Tuition Aid: Al-Amal School offers limited Tuition Aid to a few qualifying families based on various factors such as family income, academic performance, and good behavior in his/her previous school. Parents interested in Tuition Aid have to apply through the same TADS website. Your new admission application is considered incomplete unless all required information for tuition aid is submitted. Please note, completing the TADS application, or meeting the qualification, does not guarantee that you will receive the Tuition Aid automatically.
- Application Submission: In addition to submitting the on-line application and fee, the applicants are required to submit the following applicable documents to advance the admission process. The admission process is incomplete if the school does not receive the required documents.
- Copy of school transcripts transferring from other school that shows year to date classes and GPA.
- Copy of the most recent NWEA, MCA, and/or IOWA Basic records from the previous year (or any out of state standardized testing report.)
- Copy of behavioral report and any health reports.
- For Pre-school, children should have cognitive ability to interact and accept instructions and are potty trained.
- For Kindergarten, early child development testing and assessment should be submitted if available.
- Al-Amal School holds the right to directly receive transcripts and behavioral reports from the transferring school. You will be asked to sign a release form later in the admission process.
- Take Admission Exams: All students, KG -12th, are required to take an entrance exam. The students have to take the Language Arts (English) and Math tests. The tests are based on ability of an average Al-Amal School student passing the previous grade to join the new grade. The Admission Office provides the list of topics covered in the entrance test. The school will also offer Arabic assessment for the middle and high school students. The school will inform the applicants of the testing dates including any weekend testing as available. Pre-school student go through a separate evaluation process by the Administration.
- The Admission Office will notify the applicant through email of the entrance exam’s results and whether the application is advanced to the next step.
- At this time, the school will also request parents to sign and authorize the school to receive transcripts and behavior reports directly from the transferring school.
- The school will also request to submit a completed immunization record of the applicant and for any other pending documents.
- Interview with Administration: All new applicants and parents go through the interview process with the school Principal as a final step. The Admission Office will schedule the interview process.
- Acceptance and Approval: After passing the new admission requirements, the Admission Office will notify you through the acceptance letter. The letter will also outline the deadline for parents to pay any advanced deposit in order for the school to hold the seat for the applicant.
- Enrollment and Admittance: Parents pay the one month tuition fee as advanced deposit to confirm the seating for the applicant.
- Registration: In addition to holding a registration week in August, parents will complete the registration through TADS online in July. Exact dates of registration will be communicated to parents. As part of registration, parents update the emergency cards, sign up for transportation reimbursement (and if eligible, free/reduced lunch) forms and other related forms, and pay the balance of the first installment tuition for next year.
Any Admissions questions can be directed to the admission office @ 763-231-9701. Insha’Allah, we look forward to assisting you in this process.
Audrey Zahra Williams
For information on Tuition and Fees, visit our Tuition page.